MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is This Possible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I might come here from phpBB (certain people in the community are coders rather than helpers and like to "shove" at people who don't know code and as questions.

Okay so, right now my site is using phpBB, i heard about a merge system. How long does it take, and what part of my forum would i lose during the transfer.

Is cbox.ws compatible with myBB?

Can i do the following things with myBB

Okay, so here's my idea for how i want my forum to look. It's a jpeg image and shows only the layout.
[attachment=31042]
On the right side of the forum, I would like a sidebar with my chabox that as you scroll down the page the chatbox follows.

On the top would be a navbar, this navbar would have links on the left side of it for: Board index, User Control Panel, View your posts, members, view unread posts, view unanswered posts, and Change Font Size. The right side of the nav bar would have a login button that when hovered over or clicked, causes a dropdown menu to appear with a "username" and "password" box. Beside the log in button would be a register button and another button that would have a drop down menu where i would put important links to areas of the forum. A small up and down arrow would be on the navbar for quick jumping to the bottom and top of the forum.

On the left of the forum would be announcments and a list of Recent Topics if possible. Footer would remain as usual.

At the very top of the forum, or Underneath the navbar if needed would be the forum banner. Displaying a 1024 x 150 site_logo.png banner.

Now, here's the cool part thatIi want that is different from the current way the navbars work. I want this because my forum is very long. So, as a user scrolls down, i would like the chatbox sidebar, and the nav bar to move with the scrolling and be fixed, [Example of Fixed Navbar: https://googledrive.com/host/0B9Ry6ju9pH...start.html] The Navbar will have all the links and stuff as stated earlier in this post.

Here's a picture of the navbar floating overtop the forum when a user scrolls down.
[attachment=31041]