MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin to display ads by forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a plugin that allows an admin to display ads (like adsense) on a per forum basis?

I've seen Pirata Nervo's My Advertisements plugin but that's not quite what I want. It allows the admin to disable ads per group... but not per forum. (Plus, because of the MyBB group system, if a group with no ads is a secondary for a group with ads... then the first group also has no ads, even on forums the secondary group they can't see.)

The reason I want per forum rather than per group is because I want only certain forums to have no ads displayed. (Like for a VIP type forum or a forum where we talk about more mature subject matters and don't necessarily want adsense picking up those keywords and displaying ads for that. Which could potentially put my adsense account at risk of being closed.)

If there isn't a plugin like this, how difficult would one be to create? And then would anyone be willing to give it a go?
Or would it be better to ask if Pirata Nervo's could be modified to include this functionality?
I'm using My Advertisements + PHP in Templates and Template Conditionals in my forum. Then, for example, I use this code in my header template:

<if $GLOBALS['style']['fid'] != '22'  then>{myadvertisements[zone_1]}</if>

In this case, it doesn't display that advertisement in the forum with the ID 22. You can use a similar method/code.
That's one way to accomplish what I wanted. And it works fairly well, so I'll use that.

Thank you for your time.
(2014-02-16, 10:02 PM)José F. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using My Advertisements + PHP in Templates and Template Conditionals in my forum. Then, for example, I use this code in my header template:

<if $GLOBALS['style']['fid'] != '22'  then>{myadvertisements[zone_1]}</if>

In this case, it doesn't display that advertisement in the forum with the ID 22. You can use a similar method/code.

Hello, and sorry for the mostly likely perceived stupid question, but could you please tell me how I could go about adding specific advertisements for each forum? You probably just explained it, but I can't understand it.

Example:

forumdisplay.php?fid=10 (Advertisement #1)
forumdisplay.php?fid=11 (Advertisement #2)
forumdisplay.php?fid=12 (Advertisement #3)
forumdisplay.php?fid=13 (Advertisement #4)
forumdisplay.php?fid=14 (Advertisement #5)
forumdisplay.php?fid=15 (Advertisement #6)
forumdisplay.php?fid=16 (Advertisement #7)
forumdisplay.php?fid=17 (Advertisement #8)
forumdisplay.php?fid=18 (Advertisement #9)
forumdisplay.php?fid=18 (Advertisement #10)
Etc., Etc.,...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Big Grin

Thank you,

-Mike