MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The same Database naming structure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just thinking if it will be possible to maintain the same database naming scheme for Mybb 2.0 as it is now in the 1x series. So backwards mybb database compatibility is easy in both series versions. Obviously the core php file structure will be totally different in Mybb 2.0.
The idea is to keep it as close to the 1.x series as possible, enough for it to be familiar. Column names and such may be different as 2.0 is being built from scratch and the way features interact with each other may change.
That is great Nathan. Its good to know that forums in the future can still convert their forums from Mybb 1x to Mybb 2.0 and not loose the data in the database, thank you Smile
There will always be a way to upgrade from MyBB 1.x to 2.0. Wink
(2014-02-17, 07:10 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]There will always be a way to upgrade from MyBB 1.x to 2.0. Wink

Awesome! "Upgrade" was the word i missed hehe . Keep on doing the great work that you guys do. Smile
hi i'm new one here..