MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to get myalerts to show up corretly in my header?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
ok. i post reply here after i check that.
Sounds good Omid, thank you very much.
MyAlerts is unfortunately notoriously difficult to get working with non standard themes. It's very hard to provide for all possible forms of styling/markup.

In this case, you may want to edit the myalerts_headericon template to use an <li> to wrap the MyAlerts area. From your screenshot, the theme already has a dropdown by the looks of it. You may be able to butcher the code used there for MyAlerts.
(2014-02-18, 06:58 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]MyAlerts is unfortunately notoriously difficult to get working with non standard themes. It's very hard to provide for all possible forms of styling/markup.

In this case, you may want to edit the myalerts_headericon template to use an <li> to wrap the MyAlerts area. From your screenshot, the theme already has a dropdown by the looks of it. You may be able to butcher the code used there for MyAlerts.

If I knew how I would, sadly my knowledge of coding is extremely limited...
now i check it:
i see fast way to fix it ... but popup wont work on your theme?

how to fix:
in Admin CP - Open:
Templates & Style / Templates / (which theme you used) / MyAlerts Templates / myalerts_headericon

and change all there codes to this one:
<li>
<div class="myalerts_popup_wrapper{$newAlertsIndicator}">
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php?action=alerts" class="unreadAlerts myalerts_popup_hook" id="unreadAlerts_menu">{$lang->myalerts_alerts} ({$mybb->user['unreadAlerts']})</a>
	<div id="unreadAlerts_menu_popup" class="myalerts_popup" style="display:none;">
		<div class="popupTitle">{$lang->myalerts_page_title}</div>
		<ol>
		{$alerts}
		</ol>
		<div class="popupFooter"><a href="usercp.php?action=alerts">{$lang->myalerts_usercp_nav_alerts}</a></div>
	</div>
</div>
</li>
I have the same issue she had. Could anyone help me to fix the position of "Alerts (0)" correctly in my header?

[Image: TpfRVxf.jpg]

My using theme is "Duende theme" and here is "myalerts_headericon" Template.

<li class="alerts {$newAlertsIndicator}">
    <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php?action=alerts" class="myalerts open_modal"
       data-selector="#myalerts_alerts_modal" rel="modal:open">{$lang->myalerts_alerts}
        ({$mybb->user['unreadAlerts']})</a>
</li>

<div id="myalerts_alerts_modal" style="display: none;">
    <table class="tborder" cellspacing="0">
        <thead>
        <tr>
            <th class="thead" colspan="2">
                <strong>{$lang->myalerts_page_title}</strong>
            </th>
        </tr>
        </thead>
		 {$alerts}
        <tbody>
        </tbody>
        <tr>
            <td class="tfoot smalltext" colspan="2">
                <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/alerts.php">{$lang->myalerts_usercp_nav_alerts}</a>
                <span class="float_right">
                    <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/alerts.php?action=delete_all&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}&amp;ret_link={$myalerts_return_link}"
                       onclick="return confirm('{$lang->myalerts_delete_all_confirm}')">{$lang->myalerts_usercp_nav_delete_all}</a>
                </span>
                <br class="clear"/>
                <!-- Clear alerts link goes here... -->
            </td>
        </tr>
    </table>
</div>

Thank you in advance Smile
that would be a 1.6 them
i know that very well, also the developer
would sugest you to use one from the 1.8 mods download
will work good with myalerts
@subzr1
Nope, I am using MyAlerts 2.0 so it's wired......Any suggestion?
^ can we have your forum url & a test user account to check the issue ..
(2015-05-25, 03:24 PM)bbbs Wrote: [ -> ]@subzr1
Nope, I am using MyAlerts 2.0 so it's wired......Any suggestion?

i apologize 
i meant that i know that theme very well and his developer and the theme is 1.6 version
thats why i suggest you use a 1.8 theme Wink
Pages: 1 2 3