MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: install plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I can install only a few plugins by adding the .php file into cpanel which works 1 in 10 times, though what is the proper way of installing plugins? I've never seen a tutorial or any sort. Please could somebody help?
Well basically the mybb Root directory has this folder:

inc/plugins/
inc/plugins/language/

Most plugins already have their files in their respective directories when you download a plugin.
Suppose you download a plugin from MODS site and after you extract it it has these files:

inc/plugins/Cedric.php
inc/plugins/languages/Cedric.php

Just compress this INC folder in a .zip archive & upload it to your cPanel & extract & done!

- Can't explain well since I have exams, No time...
(2014-02-18, 04:55 PM)Cedric Wrote: [ -> ]Well basically the mybb Root directory has this folder:

inc/plugins/
inc/plugins/language/

Most plugins already have their files in their respective directories when you download a plugin.
Suppose you download a plugin from MODS site and after you extract it it has these files:

inc/plugins/Cedric.php
inc/plugins/languages/Cedric.php

Just compress this INC folder in a .zip archive & upload it to your cPanel & extract & done!

- Can't explain well since I have exams, No time...

Didn't really understand that, could you explain in an easier way. Also if you could also explain how to install big plugins like MyAlerts.
(2014-02-18, 04:58 PM)Pakistani Spirit Wrote: [ -> ]if you could also explain how to install big plugins like MyAlerts.

Generally install instructions are included with the plugin. 99% of plugins are installed by uploading the files, going to ACP>Config>Plugins and hitting install. Not much to it.
(2014-02-18, 05:10 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-18, 04:58 PM)Pakistani Spirit Wrote: [ -> ]if you could also explain how to install big plugins like MyAlerts.

Generally install instructions are included with the plugin. 99% of plugins are installed by uploading the files, going to ACP>Config>Plugins and hitting install. Not much to it.

I know but still confused. How do I upload them in cPanel, which files do I upload?
^ this video might help (reference thread) - see also replies here
still don't understand (also can you tell me the way without FileZilla).
^ taking MyAlerts plugin as example
its pack mainly consists of 3 folders with subfolders & files - viz., images, inc, jscripts

your MyBB forum folder also has similar folders - viz., images, inc, jscripts

the contents from plugin package should be uploaded to the similar folder in your MyBB forum folder

above method can be followed for installing any MyBB plugin
Follow these:

-> Open cPanel
-> Click on File Manager -> Click ok
-> Open your public_html directory

Now if you installed mybb on http://mysite.com/ then this is your Mybb directory.
Otherwise if you installed it in some sub-directory, say http://mysite.com/SUBDIR/ then it will be your mybb folder.

All plugins must be uploaded to this folder only.

Just click Upload button on the cpanel filemanager, then choose your .ZIP file (Follow my above steps to make a .zip file, previous post) & it will be uploaded.

After that, Refresh the filemanager, select your .zip file (which you jsut uploaded) and click on EXTRACT button\ (easy-way is to right-click the file & select EXTRACT from their)

After extraction just go to your ACP->Plugins & install your newly uploaded plugin.
(2014-02-19, 08:48 AM)Cedric Wrote: [ -> ]Follow these:

-> Open cPanel
-> Click on File Manager -> Click ok
-> Open your public_html directory

Now if you installed mybb on http://mysite.com/ then this is your Mybb directory.
Otherwise if you installed it in some sub-directory, say http://mysite.com/SUBDIR/ then it will be your mybb folder.

All plugins must be uploaded to this folder only.

Just click Upload button on the cpanel filemanager, then choose your .ZIP file (Follow my above steps to make a .zip file, previous post) & it will be uploaded.

After that, Refresh the filemanager, select your .zip file (which you jsut uploaded) and click on EXTRACT button\ (easy-way is to right-click the file & select EXTRACT from their)

After extraction just go to your ACP->Plugins & install your newly uploaded plugin.

Wow, amazing! It works, just a few plugins which don't, tho no problem Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3