MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Primary Group when join request is accepted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I noticed that when I accept a member into the group they requested, it sets the group as an additional group and not a primary group. Is there anyway to make it give the group primary instead of additional? Thank you.
I also wonder this.
It's weird this forum hasn't got any answer in ANY of these areas? Wtf?
Lol, serious it doesn't work or what? It must be very basic stuff? I googled and yet not found, I checked the help document but there's nothing about this, not about the fact to make it primary group.

How useless ain't this function if it doesn't work to change the persons primary usergroup?

Simply as an usergroup often you put permissions and stuffs for forums, which I done. I've a group for members that can see the forums, and for new registered people I don't wanna show all forums, instead I want them to apply via the join link on the membership for the group.

If they get accepted, they will be able to see the forums as they join the group.
But for me, it doesn't work at all, which is weird as fk.

Also I want it to change primary group so they simply get the format of their username without needing to click on "display as this group" or whatever option is named once joined a group in membership area.
If you set registered users to not be able to see certain forums, and the groups you accept them into be able to see those forums then it works. You are adding permissions to see things based on all the users groups. Some plugins dont take additional groups into account, but those are not core MyBB.