MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Drop <table> <td> tags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can you please stop the use of <table> and <td> tags in the default layout of mybb. We all know the misuse of these tags is great for tabular data. But get into the new way of laying out data with <div> tags in Mybb 2.0. W3.org: The use of TABLE for layout be DEPRECATED
I'm sure this will be changed in 2.0. Currently the tables aren't being removed from 1.8 due to the MyBB Team wishing not to break as many plugins and themes from 1.6 as possible. With 2.0 being a complete rewrite and all, I'm sure they've started the design with no tables...
(2014-02-19, 09:28 AM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure this will be changed in 2.0. Currently the tables aren't being removed from 1.8 due to the MyBB Team wishing not to break as many plugins and themes from 1.6 as possible. With 2.0 being a complete rewrite and all, I'm sure they've started the design with no tables...

its a friendly reminder :/
This has been confirmed so many times that I think it rivals "it will be released when it's ready" as most said phrase on these forums. Wink

Justin and everyone else at MyBB is very capable, and I can assure you that something as basic as not using tables in future designs has not managed to escape anyone's attention.
(2014-02-19, 10:22 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]This has been confirmed so many times that I think it rivals "it will be released when it's ready" as most said phrase on these forums. Wink

Justin and everyone else at MyBB is very capable, and I can assure you that something as basic as not using tables in future designs has not managed to escape anyone's attention.

Yeah i've seen this asked about 3 years ago when i staffed mybb. So yes its easy to change.