MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google seo messed my site up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well i remove google seo cause i had a problem with it and when i did that it messed up my link instead of showing forumdisplay.php?fid= it does forum-.html i have tried fixing it and i still didn't get it to work so i eable it again and it never went back to working Help me please
have you tried Google SEO plugin or MyBB's internal SEF URLs
Nvm i fixed it

it was mybb setting called Enable search engine friendly URLs? and i was scrolling thou stuff i click enable
^ so what was the issue and what fixed it ..
it was mybb setting called Enable search engine friendly URLs? and i was scrolling thou stuff i click enable
^ so you have disabled SEF URLs

rewriting URLs either with internal SEF method or with the Google SEO plugin requires a rewrite rules file.
for Apache server, the URL rewriting rules file is known as .htaccess (there is a dot at the beginning)

if you want to use MyBB's SEF URLs then you have to use its .htaccess file along with enabling the SEF URLs setting
your forum's main folder consists of htaccess.txt file. renamimg it to .htaccess is required for using SEF URLs.

if you use Google SEO plugin then the plugin pack contains sample of the required .htaccess file
and Google SEO plugin also suggests the required content of .htaccess file on MyBB's plugins page.