MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Fixed] Not Loggin Me In...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I login to my forum with my details, and then it says thats i've logged in, however when it goes back to the main page, it still asks me to login.

My current cookie settings are:
Cookie Domain: .d-frame.co.uk
Cookie Path: /

And the board is located http://www.d-frame.co.uk

Also i've had to enable guest posting for me to reply to certain posts. Oh and for some strange reason I can log into the admin cp fine. I have tried logging in on 4 different machines.
try taking away your cookie for the domain as I think you would only use that when your forums are hosted via a subdomain.
I (being an admin at Dale's forum) have tried several ways of having the cookie domain and path, including what you said Cory. None of them seem to work.
Now that you mentioned it, I can log on our forum if I view it via FireFox. But, I can't log in via IE at all. Now, I can't log out if thats the case. Now, if I place a value in the domain field, I can't log on firefox, but I can with IE. hmmm
I have NEVER had this problem with MyBB. I used to get it alot on Sitepoint Forums. They run Vbulletin. You say you've tried it on other machines to no avail. That means its not the browsers problem. If I had the same problem on Vbulletin, I don't think its MyBB. I could be way wrong though. Maybe its the host?
I've changed the cookie settings a few times to see if anything else works, but nothing else works. Grrrr....
did you try setting your computer to accept cookies? A lot of the problems may occur this way, but have you tried leaving it blank?

What about the 'cookie' path to (home/your/dir/to/public_html/d-frame/)? Also, i saw that you had a trailing slash on your cookie path, may be you should take it out first and see what happens?

edit: clear your cookies! I put in my domain in and nothing for the cookie path and cleared the cookies to my forum and its logging in and out fine from both firefox and IE. Try it out!
I've cleared my cookies... i've changed the cookie domain to ".d-frame.co.uk" and the cookie path to "/home/dframe/public_html/". Also i've hard refreshed (CTRL + F5) and its still not working.
Clear out the cookie path and see what happens. Then clear out your cookies again.
I cleared the cookie path so its blank, and tried to log in... but it didnt work. Then I tried it again but with a hard refresh and cookies cleared. But it still does't work.
Pages: 1 2