MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adv banner errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to set up the Adv Banner plugin, getting the following errors...

Warning: easyb_activate(./inc/adminfunctions_templates.php) [function.easyb-activate]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/forums/public_html/inc/plugins/easyb.php on line 86

Warning: easyb_activate(./inc/adminfunctions_templates.php) [function.easyb-activate]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/forums/public_html/inc/plugins/easyb.php on line 86

Fatal error: easyb_activate() [function.require]: Failed opening required './inc/adminfunctions_templates.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/forums/public_html/inc/plugins/easyb.php on line 86

The database table is created fine. I followed the tutorial to the letter...3 times, still this problem. Also, after attempting, I can go to the Board Settings > Change page, and the plugin is listed like this...

(3 Settings)
Settings for Easy Adv. Banner.

.....which I can edit to enter the title. In the plugin manager, it still has the activation button reading "Activate". The banner manager that should be in the left column never appears.

Any ideas what is wrong?
I'm moving this to the Customization forums as this is thread does not qualify as "General Support"
Anyone? Possible a permissions problem?
I'm having the same problem, but sometimes I get that error and sometimes I get a MySQL error:

MySQL error: 1050
Table 'banners' already exists
Query: CREATE TABLE banners ( bid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT , link VARCHAR( 200 ) NOT NULL , alt VARCHAR( 200 ) NOT NULL , image VARCHAR( 200 ) NOT NULL , displays INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', bstatus char( 3) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY ( bid ) ) TYPE = MYISAM ;

I'm beginning to think that it has something to do with the other plugins I have installed. I have Board Message, Inline Ads and Unread PM Notification plugins. Do you have any of those as well? I would guess it would be the Inline Ads one. Or maybe I'm just way off, lol.

However, I tried going through all the php files and altering them to make a new or different table, but it didn't seem to work.

I really wish I new how to fix this, too.

Best wishes,
Kristen
zanzaboonda Wrote:I'm having the same problem, but sometimes I get that error and sometimes I get a MySQL error:

Query: CREATE TABLE banners ( bid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT , link VARCHAR( 200 ) NOT NULL , alt VARCHAR( 200 ) NOT NULL , image VARCHAR( 200 ) NOT NULL , displays INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', bstatus char( 3) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY ( bid ) ) TYPE = MYISAM ;

I'm beginning to think that it has something to do with the other plugins I have installed. I have Board Message, Inline Ads and Unread PM Notification plugins. Do you have any of those as well? I would guess it would be the Inline Ads one. Or maybe I'm just way off, lol.

However, I tried going through all the php files and altering them to make a new or different table, but it didn't seem to work.

Best wishes,
Kristen
I have the Inline Ads going. When I first try to do the Banner mod, I get the original errors I mentioned, however the db table is created fine. It also adds the mod info to the Board Settings > Change page, but without the title. I can edit and place the title, but the Plug In manager still says "Activate", and if I click it again, I don't get those errors, but the error about the db table already existing. I'm guessing that the activation code isn't completely writing to the file to set up the manager in the left menu ( the missing title, perhaps...? ), but I'm clueless as to how to fix it.
Wampy Wrote:
zanzaboonda Wrote:I'm having the same problem, but sometimes I get that error and sometimes I get a MySQL error:

I'm beginning to think that it has something to do with the other plugins I have installed.  I have Board Message, Inline Ads and Unread PM Notification plugins.  Do you have any of those as well?  I would guess it would be the Inline Ads one.  Or maybe I'm just way off, lol.

Best wishes,
Kristen
I have the Inline Ads going. When I first try to do the Banner mod, I get the original errors I mentioned, however the db table is created fine. It also adds the mod info to the Board Settings > Change page, but without the title. I can edit and place the title, but the Plug In manager still says "Activate", and if I click it again, I don't get those errors, but the error about the db table already existing. I'm guessing that the activation code isn't completely writing to the file to set up the manager in the left menu ( the missing title, perhaps...? ), but I'm clueless as to how to fix it.

Hmmm... well at least it's getting narrowed down. Unfortunately, I am new to this whole thing. If I had the slightest inkling on what to do, I wouldn't mind sifting through all this code, but I'm pretty lost. Hopefully someone with more experience will take pity on us and help, lol. I think this is a common error because I've seen other posts about it. I also just recently upgraded to 1.2x so I also wonder if it could be a compatibility issue with the new release or something.

Best wishes,
Kristen
I've made some progress with it. What I've tried so far...

In easyb.php, where all of the file paths are like...

./inc/adminfunctions_templates.php
./admin/index.php

...etc., I have had to change them to....

MYBB_ROOT.'inc/adminfunctions_templates.php'
MYBB_ROOT.'admin/index.php'

...and so on, or else the script doesn't seem to find the required files.

I have replaced this...

"gid" => "NULL",
"name" => "Easy Adv. Banner.",
"description" => "Settings for Easy Adv. Banner.",
"disporder" => "3",
"isdefault" => "no",

... with this ( one field was missing, hence not showing up in Board Settings > Change area )...

"gid" => "NULL",
"name" => "Easy Adv. Banner.",
"title" => "Banner System",
"description" => "Settings for Easy Adv. Banner.",
"disporder" => "3",
"isdefault" => "no",

I am now getting through the activation with no errors, however, the code to insert array data into the table "settings" is not entering...the "gid" above is null, I think that it needs a value for the settings to use when being entered into the database?

I still have to figure out why there is still no menu area for this being added to the template either.

If I'm offbase with this, someone please let me know.
Wampy, my friend you are far beyond what I would have been able to do, and you are very kind to update the thread here. It would be nice to get it going.

In the meantime, my impatient self went hunting for an alternative, which works but is more basic than I was hoping for and just displays a random banner ad at the top of each page. So I'll have to set up a separate page for a paypal subscription and just input everything in manually. If something like this would work for you, let me know and I'll be happy to pass along how I did it. You can see what it looks like on my website which is www.anthempages.com/forum, but I only have one banner ad up right now and I've been using the free hosting while I create the site, so right now you have to actually scroll to see the banner ad because of the other ads, lol. But that will go away as soon as I upgrade (probably later today.)

Of course, if you get the Easy Adv Banner working, I'd probably rather use that.

Thanks and best wishes,
Kristen