MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Losing registered members?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can users delete their own accounts? I lost two registered members this last week. Any info is appreciated
No, they cannot delete their own accounts.
Edit: delayed response

no, normal users cannot delete their accounts in the default MyBB system.
it can be due to server glitch or a misbehaving plugin / malicious code ..
Thats what I thought because I tried doing that to a made up user name. How can I lose members otherwise?

The site has been up for 6 months and nothing like this has happened till this week. No new plugins
(2014-02-22, 03:55 AM)hrspwr1 Wrote: [ -> ]Thats what I thought because I tried doing that to a made up user name. How can I lose members otherwise?

The site has been up for 6 months and nothing like this has happened till this week. No new plugins

Was it only members that disappeared or did posts disappear as well?

This seems like a pretty strange issue. How is your the quality of your hosting? Is it possible that perhaps the host went down and had to bring up a backup with data without letting any customers know?
As far as I know only 2 members. I use Hostgator if that is anything. Seems pretty strange to me too.
(2014-02-23, 12:17 AM)hrspwr1 Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know only 2 members. I use Hostgator if that is anything. Seems pretty strange to me too.

Check with your host if they had to restore a backup lately.
I may have to. Thanks
(2014-02-23, 12:37 AM)hrspwr1 Wrote: [ -> ]I may have to. Thanks

No problem, if they haven't. I don't know what it could have been, maybe a server outage?
Check administrative logs, perhaps another administrator did it (if any other administrators are present).
Pages: 1 2