MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Teamspeak or similar server to talk about programming?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So while some or most of you may use IRC to get help on programming matters, say on freenode or efnet, I was wondering if there is any Teamspeak/Mumble/Ventrillo server or anywhere else where I can talk about programming?
I doubt it. Especially regarding MyBB, many MyBB staff members are either college students, or run other projects on top of MyBB, not really leaving them much time to waste talking on a Teamspeak server with people who are usually just going to go there to spam and ask for help, which is why the support forums are in place. For Teamspeak, you can search the lists, but I doubt it.
The issue with TS for stuff like this is there are to many people talking at once and you're probably going to be linking to your code anyway. Thus IRC just works better as people can look and see your question even if someone says something at the same time.
Like Alex said, I imagine TS would be highly inconvenient when it comes to discussing programming :/

On IRC, if you're AFK you still see the messages, and you can reply to them. If 5 people post questions at the same time, you can reply to all of them. And with IRC, so long as you're online you have a record of a question. If a complex question is asked, you cane easily forget it. On IRC its there for reference later