MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anonymous
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need help setting up Anonymous things,

1. Disable users being able to make usernames when Registering.

I wanna remove usernames from being necessary when Registering..

What they see when Registering:

[Image: dddd_zpsc102257d.png]

So basically I just want members to register using a Email & Password, and when they finish registering they will be assigned a username.

2. Disable users making/changing usernames and giving them assigned usernames.

I want the forum to generate a username that starts with "Anon" and has 1-4 random numbers next to them.

Like:
  • Anon1
  • Anon69
  • Anon420
  • Admin1990

etc etc. Can't be no more than 4 numbers but can't already be in use at the same time.

Eventually I will have to edit the number limit if I exceed 9999 members, I know that...

3. Hiding Personal Information

I don't want information regarding things like:
  • Contact Information

to be public, The mission is to be anonymous here.. Admins should be the only ones able to see this Information.

Hopefully I've explained everything good enough...
Is it even possible to create an account without the username??????
Pretty sure you'd have to do a whole lot of core edits. If you're unsure how to do it, you probably won't be able to completely do it anyway, in order to do it you'd have to do something about it at server level, and by the looks of it, the site in your custom title is on a suspended shared hosting account.
(2014-02-25, 02:22 AM)Kioshi Wrote: [ -> ]What?

http://anonymousforums.net
By the sound of it, what you're doing is going to require quite a bit of core edits.
(2014-02-25, 03:23 AM)Rymax99 Wrote: [ -> ]

By the sound of it, what you're doing is going to require quite a bit of core edits.

I was told by two others that all it would require is a Custom Plugin?

It's not like I want the username to change everytime the user posts, just generate them a username that starts with "Anon" and has about 4 random numbers next to it like "Anon3847". Other than that, I just wanna hide all Private Information like email, location, etc etc.
(2014-02-25, 03:45 AM)Kioshi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-25, 03:23 AM)Rymax99 Wrote: [ -> ]

I was told by two others that all it would require is a Custom Plugin?

It's not like I want the username to change everytime the user posts, just generate them a username that starts with "Anon" and has about 4 random numbers next to it like "Anon3847". Other than that, I just wanna hide all Private Information like email, location, etc etc.
Ah. I misunderstood you.
It would be able to be done with a plugin of sorts. I could create it for you later today possibly.
I've created a plugin for you and sent it to you in a PM (on FC).
Will you be able to release it publicly?
I'm interested in how this is achieved, if possible Smile