MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox 2.0.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Members,

I have installed Advanced Sidebox 2.0.3. It is activated. I have also placed sidebox i need on left and right using manage sidebox option.

Still, I dont see any sidebox on left or right of my forum.

What is happening wrong here? Please help

Here are the screenshots

[attachment=31087]

[attachment=31088]

[attachment=31089]
you are using only one theme and it is excluded in the Advanced Side Box plugin Settings (ref. above second image)
Hold On Control Key and click on Default - it gets deselected. then save the settings.
Dear Friend,

Thanks for advice. I did the same but whenever i go back to plugin settings, it shows back as image 2.

Still slidebox not visible on forum.
^ open ./inc/settings.php file in a code editor (eg. notepad++) and find $settings['asb_exclude_theme'] = "abcdefgh";
remove whatever is there for abcdefgh and save the file. now can you see the side boxes ?
Hi govindsinghnegi,

.m. is exactly right that is the problem. I just went and tested and for some reason if there is only one theme, once it is excluded I can't seem to remove that restriction.

I'll create an issue on GitHub and get that fixed, but until then a quick fix would be to add another theme.
Try updating to 2.0.5 from github: https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanced-Sidebox

EDIT: nvm, look above.
Dear .m,

It is working now. Thanks a ton

Dear Members

I am currently using latest threads on right side of my forum.

I would also like to know:

1. How to decrease font size of recent threads on right hand side?
2. I dont want to show "Last post", replies and views? Only latest thread subject should be shown?

Screenshot:

[attachment=31090]
navigate to asb_latest_threads_thread template and remove unwanted content by using html comments tags
<span class="smalltext"><br />
{$last_poster}<br />
{$lastpostdate} {$lastposttime}<br />
<strong>&raquo; </strong>{$lang->asb_latest_threads_replies} {$thread['replies']}<br />
<strong>&raquo; </strong>{$lang->asb_latest_threads_views} {$thread['views']}
</span>

you can try using <!-- at the beginning of above code and --> at the end of the code
Where to find asb_latest_threads_thread ?

Dear .m,

Found it. Thanks again for solving my problem