MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Puppet Master 1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
This version of Puppet Master is no longer supported. For the current support thread, Click Here.

Puppet Master 1.1 for MyBB 1.6.x

by Wildcard

GitHub Release Link

[Image: WScF76Y.png]

Puppet Master allows the administrator to empower certain users as 'puppet masters' . . . meaning they can use other accounts to post, edit, moderate and message on the forums.

Assign any user to be a puppet master and then assign puppet accounts to them and a simple drop-down will be placed in the Quick Reply, New Thread, New Reply, Full Edit and Messaging pages to allow the puppet master to switch accounts.

No logging in or out is done, the post/thread/message is simply assigned to the chosen account.

[Image: YqQ1SUU.png]

Resources:

Support
I make no guarantees of support but I will always try. If you need support for this plugin please create a support thread at MyBB forums.

Bugs/Issues

Please report any problems found at the GitHub repository for this project, in this thread or in a new thread on MyBB Community Forums. Although I will answer questions at my own forum, I prefer not to.

Improve Puppet Master!

I have started a GitHub repository for this plugin. Ideas and bug reports are welcome there and anyone wanting to collaborate is more than welcome Smile

https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Puppet-Master
reserved
great work once again Smile

however, I could not understand the need of puppet accounts for the inline moderation.
all the allotted puppet accounts need not have required privileges to moderate
but the moderation goes on and the puppet account is added to the moderator logs ..
The reason is for plugins that send alerts, private messages or emails upon moderator action so that if there is a mail sent it is attributed to the user you moderate as. For example, as a regular user, you could moderate as admin and the message should show that admin (not the logged in/default user) took the action.

If it is indeed still logging the mod action as the puppet master (and not the puppet) then that is a bug.
^ IMO, if the puppet account has moderating privileges then only it should be shown at the inline moderation options ..
(2014-02-27, 05:02 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ IMO, if the puppet account has moderating privileges then only it should be shown at the inline moderation options ..

That is the way it should be working. If user A is display Registered with admin additional or base group and moderates as user B who is admin (display and otherwise) then the moderator action should be logged and attributed to user B.
^ sorry, still I do not get the need of showing puppet accounts at inline moderation

Case ... ... Puppet Master .... .... ..... ... Puppet .... .... ..... ..... Moderating Privileges
a ... ... ... ordinary member ................ Moderator / Admin ... ... ... No
b ... ... ... Moderator / Admin .............. ordinary member ... ... .. ... Yes
c ... ... ... Moderator / Admin .............. Moderator / Admin ... .. ... yes

a --> ordinary member has no moderating privileges. inline moderation is not available.
even if ordinary member posts as admin / moderator, it is for display purpose only. additional privileges are not granted.

b & c --> Puppet Master is doing moderation and original account should be logged in for moderator actions.
.m. Wrote:original account should be logged in for moderator actions.

Perhaps I just need to install some more settings to have this customizable. I personally disagree with what you are saying the behavior needs to be, but I think I see a way to make it behave the way you want it to.

Give me a bit and I'll do an update and get back with you.
You can add your own "Puppet Master" logs to the ACP. I agree some kind of logs should exists for this.
(2014-03-01, 03:35 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I agree some kind of logs should exists for this.

There is already a logging system. We are just debating WHO needs to be logged.

I feel that the puppet account should be credited and .m. seems to feel the puppet master should be credited.

So to accommodate both opinions, I'm going to look at adding a setting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5