MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Banned Countries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well as we can see MyBB provides options to ban specified IPs, Emails, Accounts, and Usernames under banning in the configuration tab located in the AdminCP. What we don't have is the option to ban certain countries in a very accessible and convenient manner instead of .htaccess which could complicate some users. I'm actually in the middle of implementing it for my forum as we speak. I really think this is a good idea, that shouldn't be too much of a hassle.
This shouldn't be handled by the application. It should be handled at server level. Banning a whole country isn't something which should be done without a lot of consideration and most forums won't require something so drastic.
(2014-02-24, 01:37 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]This shouldn't be handled by the application. It should be handled at server level. Banning a whole country isn't something which should be done without a lot of consideration and most forums won't require something so drastic.
Understandable, thank you. I might consider making a tutorial for anyone wanting it.
If you don't know how to implement such a thing, then you really shouldn't be doing it at all. You can use CloudFlare to force captcha for countries.
(2014-02-24, 04:14 AM)Rymax99 Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't know how to implement such a thing, then you really shouldn't be doing it at all. You can use CloudFlare to force captcha for countries.
I don't agree with you at all, don't think on your behalf some people might not use cloudflare or know how. Everyone has to start somewhere and they need tools that are simple and convenient to use.

Close this thread please.
Hi,

Your MyBB 2.0 suggestion has unfortunately been rejected. Your suggestion does not fit with the direction that MyBB is heading in as a project at this time.