MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: no default mybb images showing after install?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed a new copy of MyBB on a new site, and none of the default images are showing up like logo, none of the post icons, new/old icons, etc are showing up? they are all in the folder so I'm not sure whats going on
Have you tried putting any of the URLs for these in your browser and seeing what you get? My guess would be nothing. The URLs themselves might provide a clue. (ie maybe not pointing where you think they are?)
Just tried it and they work that way. Like I can see the image when I go directly to the link

Once I tried going to that exact image it though it showed up for me on the forum.
OK a few things I can think of:

Some browsers have an option to not download images. (saves time)
You might have accessed the forum while files were still being uploaded?

You might try clearing your browser cache and seeing if it does it again.
Well I just cleared my cache and they are not showing up for me. Also the image that was showing up for me because I went to the link is now not showing up.
Well that's weird. I'm thinking you may have a fundamental server issue. ie: going to the image directly in your browser doesn't involve any myBB code.
hrm should I contact my host about it then? :o
If you're sure you're accessing the right URLs for the images and they're there sometimes but not others, I can't imagine how myBB itself could be involved. It could be the host or it could be your ISP. (You can narrow that down by trying to access the images from a different place - like work, a mobile device, a library etc.)

If they were NEVER there then I would say that you uploaded them to some other place.

That's all I can think of. Maybe someone else has ideas.
A friend of mine said the images were not showing up for her either and it was her first time visiting the site. They aren't showing up on my phone either. I'll contact my host about it.

could it be a permission issue with the /images/ folder? or another folder in general? I am just wondering because I just uploaded an image to my FTP and tried to go to it and now I get a 403 Forbidden error message

just an update, it was something in the htaccess I guess? I have no knowledge of this file and my host said it was a little beyond most of their staff abilities or something I guess? The guy I spoke with managed to fix it but I think it was some kind of hotlinking error thing going on?