MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Goodbye Spammer issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently installed Goodbye Spammer on my board, for some reason the "Use the Goodbye Spammer tool on this user" is missing from the moderator options when I view someone's profile, I changed my style to see if that had something to do with it but the problem still persists, I can access the configuration to the plugin but I just can't find to where I would actually use the tool.
Check to see if the user has over 10 posts, if so it won't show.

(if you have changed any templates) Check to see if the template edit has been made that shows on member profile (perhaps it was deleted or the template was reverted).
Which template would it edit exactly and what would the edit be? At this point it's hard to tell
ACP -> Templates & Style -> [Your Theme's Templates] -> Member Templates -> member_profile_modoptions

You're looking for:

{goodbyespammer}
near the end of the template
I found <!--goodbyespammer--></table> but that's the only thing relative to Goodbye Spammer that I could find in there.
Replace:

<!--goodbyespammer--></table>

with:

{goodbyespammer}</table>
that just added a really derpy "{goodbyespammer}" text above the moderator options box

It seems to actually be an issue with my user admin permissions and not the mod, I tried it out on a test account which I made super moderator and it was able to access the tool, while my main account cannot.

I fixed it, it turns out my permissions were really messed up in the first place. I actually had deleted my super administrator account accidentally while using my admin account(I deleted it from the super admin account, so basically it self terminated xD)(I migrated from phpBB) so I had to change that account's user ID to 1 and in general simply change alot of stuff in phpMyAdmin. Problem solved