MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: OVH spam registrations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was googling OVH.com and spam and ran across your site. I have been having the same problem with my email system from ovh.com and singlehop.com. This may or may not help you.

I have been filing formal complaints for almost a decade with spamcop.net. They have on my behalf have filed the formal complaints to the offending site, then on to the ISP, and so on. They have been successful, at least for me, in trimming the spam way down.

The person who started it was someone that also was fed up with spam. Currently Cisco systems owns it, but i believe it is still run by the same person.

At first i did the free reporting and found it to be some what effective in reducing my spam, then later subscribe because I wanted to donate. For end-users it cost a dollar a megabyte of email with a 15 megabyte minimum. I would suggest doing the free thing first and see if you get some results. I can tell you that for 15 dollars, it has lasted me almost 3 years of reporting.

The spammer have caught on some what and have added a lot of junk information in with the spam mail to consume my credits. Ovh and singlehop spam has had recipes, how to take care of kid, tid-bits, and many other thing. Just view the message source and you will see what I mean. I screen those parts out when I report them. Spamcop is just interest in the header and any links on the page. They have done a great job of parsing out where the mail actually comes from.

They also run a business service that links a blacklist to your mail server to reject the emails out right, and it appears that there some email providers that are using it, because he has been threatened by spammers for getting them blocked.

What I can tell you for sure, is I use to get tons of email, late 90's to mid 2000, ranging from 20 -60 day. They were from gmail, hotmail, yahoo, aol, and others. Some took more then a month for it to stop but I get zero from now.

All I can say is keep reporting them, it does work, and I think the more complaints that come in for different people the faster results happen.

Sorry for the essay, but the was my buck and a half
Pages: 1 2