MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Solved] Language switch on Help Documents not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
^ when you look into files through a code editor (eg. notepad++),
do you see that content is commented out in ./inc/languages/french/helpdocs.lang.php file

/* Uncomment the lines below to use these language strings rather than the help documents set in the database */

/*

// Help Document 1
$l['d1_name'] = "Enregistrement de l'utilisateur";
 */
?>

if so, you have to remove the comment tags (lines 10 & 74 in French helpdocs.lang.php ver 1.6.12) & save the file

Also check the other 3 help related French Language files for the comment tags ..
Quote:if so, you have to remove the comment tags

I have done that before uploading the Xthread thing, but I got a blank page at that time, so I have re-established them.

I have done it again and now it's workingWink

But I just don't understand the logic !
Xthreads is a big hammer for a tiny nail !!! Why is it not baselined in MyBB ????

Thank you very much.
^ well, xThreads is like a multi-tool, it can be used to build many things ..
Have you an answer to my earlier question :

Quote:1) I am wondering why:

Quote: unfortunately not possible to translate in default MyBB

while some guy wrote lines of code in misc.php to generate an URL such as [url=http://condor-velivole.eu/mybb/misc.php?action=help&my_post_key=c05xxx&language=french]/url] pointing clearly to a french translation and that other guy from the french community to provide the translated strings of the Help Documents???
I don't see the rationale behind that!
May be you could explain, I am not sufficiently fluent in PHP to decode fully misc.php?action=help.

I try to understand.Lightbulb
Thanks
^ by now, you might have seen such structure of links at the help section of your forum.

if I am not mistaken, the person you have referred to has not added any custom code in misc.php file
whatever you have seen at the other forum should be from the default MyBB system
Quote:^ by now, you might have seen such structure of links at the help section of your forum.

Yes, it is what I get when the 'Help' button is hit on my forum, with 'french' selected.
Quote:if I am not mistaken, the person you have referred to has not added any custom code in misc.php file
whatever you have seen at the other forum should be from the default MyBB system
There is no modification in the core modules of my forum (before I installed Xthreads).
What I wanted to say is that, if the core misc.php file generates such an URL and that a french translation for the Help Documents exists, then, the Help Documents should appear in french in a base MyBB forum.
That is why I am wondering on the :
Quote:they're unfortunately not possible to translate in default MyBB
from Destroy666.
So, I was expecting somebody cleverer than me could explain that phrase from analysis of the base code of misc.php.
^ again just for testing,
you can disable both XThreads plugin & the help related plugin and check if help docs appear for the French language
I am puzzled , now it works without the plugins !!!Huh
I cleared the firefox cache and it still works.....
What i have done wrong ??

Edit:
Now I have deleted the xthelpdocs.php plugin and it is still working.
The explanation is only into the removal of the comment tags in ./inc/languages/french/helpdocs.lang.php file that I did once but unsuccessfully for whaterever reason.

Thanks you .m. for your time to help me find the trick.
Closed.
Pages: 1 2