MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Settings, approval of guests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed MyBB but had to uninstall because I could not figure out the setting to block guests, people from posting, having access to my administration... I also want people to post reply, threads only after register approval.
It's all so complicated!

I need this;

Just ME as administrator and only I may enter administration, moderator.

I need to block all posts, threads by people until they register and know how to approve them before they post.

There are a lot of good things in MyBB but no easy directions... for this.

Is there a page that shows this step by step; how to place settings for a forum. How to place settings for people posting, joining..?
you can navigate to below location in admin panel and remove required permissions for Guests & save the settings

Admin Panel >> Users & Groups >> Groups >> Guests >> Forums and Posts (tab) >> Viewing Options

if you are the only administrator (& moderator) then you alone have the administration & moderation privileges

All posts can be sent to moderation queue by using individual forum permissions or a global plugin (eg.)

Docs Section provides almost all required details for a new MyBB user
(2014-02-28, 05:41 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can navigate to below location in admin panel and remove required permissions for Guests & save the settings

Admin Panel >> Users & Groups >> Groups >> Guests >> Forums and Posts (tab) >> Viewing Options

if you are the only administrator (& moderator) then you alone have the administration & moderation privileges

All posts can be sent to moderation queue by using individual forum permissions or a global plugin (eg.)

Docs Section provides almost all required details for a new MyBB user

Thanks!

I usually go to; http://www.iblindness.org/forum/ for all my community posting. I just needed a private forum to communicate solely with students for my website/school; http://cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/
People hate e-mail so got to do something.

Will be back if I run into probs.

I test it by creating another name, that's how I knew it was not working.
SOLVED;

Hello,

I opened a new account for my forum on a new we server (needed extra space anyway).
The new server has the newest version of MyBB.

Love it! Also noticed that so far for past week not one spam bot registering.

Also realized that even though their is still no choice for a email registration noticed to administrator (probably have use a plug in) I have decided this is actually good; its better security. On another persons forum there are a lot of hackers who send phony emails. If administrator is busy, clicks without checking its address; could get a virus. So I am opting out of email notify. Will just check registers each day and activate or block;

I found the setting. Its in; configuration, user registration, regist method; click to set to administrator approval. This blocks people from posting on the forum until I sign in and approve their registration.

Thanks to the people that helped me find this.

Don't want to flood the forum so just posted 'solved' here.