MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hardest Registration Questions For Bots To Answer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am about to install the Registration Security Question Plugin, and I would like to know: What are the most difficult questions for bots to answer?

Also, what are other top anti-spam plugins out there?
I just have a single question that is related to the topic that the site is centered around. That and Cloudflare (with the security level set to Essentially Off - I mainly use it for caching purposes) and I've had less than 10 spam registrations in the past year.
StopForumSpam is absolutely amazing. Naming the hidden captcha "URL" stops the rest.
One question which I've used before is asking for the name of one of the moderators.
Easily accessible information which bots haven't figured out yet.
Don't post actual questions here or this thread becomes an easy place for bot programmers to glean information.

Make the questions related to your forum's subject matter. I run a family history site so my questions include common relationships, parsing a line from an obituary for some piece of information, or even the fifth letter of my site's name. For a while I had duh questions (The Lincoln Memorial has a statue of whom?). Bots failed the test, but users thought I was insulting their intelligence.

To help against bots, I've modified my copy of the plugin to introduce a questions_sessions table. My HTML shows the session id instead of the question id, and the session is deleted upon answering the question correctly or enough time has lapsed.
One question I found bots have trouble answering on my board is a simple complete this title. The title is one of the Star Wars movies.