MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: UserCP "Thread Subscriptions With New Posts" Oddity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using:
  • MyBB 1.6.12
  • PHP 5.2.17
  • MySQL 5.1.57

The "Thread Subscriptions With New Posts" section in the UserCP actually shows the "Latest Subscribed Threads" rather than the former.
People reported on IRC that in that section, there was threads being listed that were marked as read. (Not Bold)
As seen here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9433...rumBug.png

I done a bit of research and looking at the code for usercp.php for a little bit, and found out that 1 of 2 things with that section is not correct.
Either that there was a user error in usercp.lang.php which resulted in $l['new_thread_subscriptions'] containing the wrong data, or the code was not written correctly to reflect the title of that section.

Another unofficial report is made here: http://zandronum.com/tracker/view.php?id=1729
Unsure of their MyBB/PHP/PostgreSQL Version, but I did test this on my own and got same result.

From what I can tell, there are 2 possible ways to fix this.
  1. Change the data for $l['new_thread_subscriptions'] to "Latest Subscribed Threads" in inc/languages/english/usercp.lang.php
  2. Change usercp.php to reflect the title in the lang file.
From the ease of the former, it's most likely the intended way.

Regards,
Ashley (Dark-Assassin)
IIRC there was already a report about this around here.
$l['new_thread_subscriptions'] <-- this string just language data bro ^^ u can edit whatever ur like hihihihihi .....
(2014-03-04, 04:51 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]IIRC there was already a report about this around here.
I couldn't find it on the mybb dev site, so I reported it here.
Sorry to have it reported again, if there was a previous report.

(2014-03-05, 11:17 AM)tedsun Wrote: [ -> ]$l['new_thread_subscriptions'] <-- this string just language data bro ^^ u can edit whatever ur like hihihihihi .....
I know, but I was asked to report it due to it being an internal thing.
Blzut3 Wrote:Given that this is a MyBB issue you should report it to them and post a link to the ticket here. I like to keep the delta as small as possible especially since you're not sure which of the two fixes you suggest is the intended.