MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Group promotion for only approved posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I have a group promotion rule based on posts, can a person trigger that rule with un-approved posts (e.g., posts in a section that requires moderator approval for new posts), or is a promotion rule only triggered by approved posts? I didn't see anything in the AdminCP group promotion section to specify one or the other.

For example, say I have section X where posts require moderator approval, and I also have a group promotion rule that triggers at at least ten posts. Can a user trigger this group promotion by posting ten times in section X?

Finally, if I create this group promotion rule for at least ten posts, will it automatically trigger when I create it for all the people who already have at least 10 posts? Or would they have to post again to trigger it?

Thanks.
A Group Promotion rule based on posts is triggered by your post count, which only counts approved posts. Unapproved posts won't count.

(2014-03-04, 07:50 PM)soulred12 Wrote: [ -> ]Finally, if I create this group promotion rule for at least ten posts, will it automatically trigger when I create it for all the people who already have at least 10 posts? Or would they have to post again to trigger it?

If a user meets all promotion criteria, they will be promoted the next time they visit your board.