MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to add Last Post avatar on Index
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Guys please tell me how to add Last Post user avatar to index page I am looking for core edit not plugin!
Why a core edit? You'll find it a lot easier to upgrade and maintain with a plugin.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-122756.html
Plugin will add extra queries!
It's not about the amount of queries, it's about the amount of work they have to do. A core edit would still require additional queries.

Quote:FLP Avatar is designed to prevent duplicating content and re-use as much information as possible; i.e. only querying the database when it really needs to.
Please buddy tell me how to make this happen with core edit! This plugin looks massive!
You don't need to worry about the contents of the file. The plugin only does what it needs to do. You can control where it shows the avatar, and it does it to the best of it's ability. A core edit isn't needed and will only complicate your setup.

If you wanted me to give you a core edit I'd just give you the code from the plugin as it's exactly what you're asking for.
The only reason I need a core edit is because then I can add manually avatar to my template and customize please Nathan tell me what code and where should I add to index.php
(2014-03-10, 09:29 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]The only reason I need a core edit is because then I can add manually avatar to my template and customize please Nathan tell me what code and where should I add to index.php

Please at least take a look at the plugin. Once again, it's exactly what you're asking for...

https://github.com/tommm/flpavatar#on-the-forum-index
Any core edit tutorial for something like this doesn't work anyways, most of them make crazy queries and are not optimized.

Your best bet is a plugin and even most aren't optimized either. Tomm's plugin is one of the bests you will find for what your are looking for.

MikeInToshx

I'm using that one and I gatta say its pretty awsome, doesn't slow down the forum or anything.. Just give it a try, marcus! Wink
Pages: 1 2 3