MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Forum/New Child Forum - Posts To Wrong Board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi MyBB

I just created a new forum with child forum as part of Beyond News.

Problem... when i post a thread to the new forum it posts the thread to beyond news and not the forum I wish the thread to be in.

Does anybody know what I have done wrong?

Basically what seems to be happening is threads that are supposed to be posted to fid=15 are posting the fid=4

I am absolutely baffled as to what is happening.
Seems like your newthread template could be the issue! Check if it shows green? Also do you have any plugin that hooks to showthread.php
(2014-03-12, 08:10 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like your newthread template could be the issue! Check if it shows green? Also do you have any plugin that hooks to showthread.php

Newthread is green

Plugins hooking to showthread?

Possibly one or two, but they have not been an issue before. The main one will probably be last poster trophy. I tried already to turn it off and it made no difference.
revert to default theme and try again!
(2014-03-14, 03:10 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]revert to default theme and try again!

I can't do that mate sorry, it is probably something I have chopped out of the scripts. You will see why I do not wish to go down that route if you pop by to my forum, it took a looong time to get what I want. I would just prefer to stick a second MyBB forum into a new root folder.

Thanks for your help anyway. If there is a simpler solution that is less destructive please give me a heads up.
Then close your board, backup newthread template and then revert it to original. After that check if the problem remains.