MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Themes and Images Don't Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

My current version of MyBB is 1.6.12. I'm running into a few issues. I turned off caching so it would allow me to update images immediately. The problem is that when I overwrite an image in a theme, it doesn't update immediately, or doesn't update at all. For example, I'm changing the buddy_online.gif and when I overwrite it, it doesn't update. It stays at the default image.

I'm also trying to change the theme's thead_bg to custom colors, overwrite the file and it simply doesn't update either. It's quite frustrating because I can't see how it looks with the adjustments I make.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!
This isn't exactly a problem with MyBB, it could either be
a) your webserver caching
b) your browser caching the image
c) a proxy in front of it caching (CloudFlare)

Have you tried viewing it in Incognito mode (assuming Chrome) or private browsing on other browsers?
(2014-03-13, 09:28 PM)Xen0n Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't exactly a problem with MyBB, it could either be
a) your webserver caching
b) your browser caching the image
c) a proxy in front of it caching (CloudFlare)

Have you tried viewing it in Incognito mode (assuming Chrome) or private browsing on other browsers?

Xen0n, thank you very much. I didn't realize it, but it was my CloudFare proxy that was caching the images.