MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SEO Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Website Link
For the keyword 'Personal Finance Forum UK' it's currently 7th on Google front page. Does anyone know how I can get it to #1 because I'm trying to get more members?
Once again, I've moved your thread to Web Development and Administration. This isn't a MyBB problem nor anything specific to MyBB at all. General Support is for MyBB issues only.
(2014-03-15, 11:34 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Once again, I've moved your thread to Web Development and Administration. This isn't a MyBB problem nor anything specific to MyBB at all. General Support is for MyBB issues only.

Ah right Blush Usually on other forums they send you a PM letting you know it's been moved so I assumed I posted it here by mistake

Anyway if anyone can help me with this question that would be great
(2014-03-15, 10:33 PM)jayy Wrote: [ -> ]Website Link
For the keyword 'Personal Finance Forum UK' it's currently 7th on Google front page. Does anyone know how I can get it to #1 because I'm trying to get more members?

We really need a custom BBCode ([content][/content])

You need content. Lots of it.
(2014-03-16, 12:36 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]We really need a custom BBCode ([content][/content])

You need content. Lots of it.

Still working on that, it's gonna take time. But is there anything I can do right now that should help its rank within the next few days/week?
Sure:

(2014-03-16, 12:36 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]You need content.

MikeInToshx

Yeah, as irritating as it is, for SEO the best thing u can do is make lots of content.. make articles that are at least 700+ words. U might want to add pictures aswell..

I'm having the same problem.

ps: nice looking forum-layout though Smile
I'm sure people will register when u get more content. Few more forums wudn't hurt either. Not too much though.

Cheers.
(2014-03-16, 11:19 AM)MikeInToshx Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, as irritating as it is, for SEO the best thing u can do is make lots of content.. make articles that are at least 700+ words. U might want to add pictures aswell..

I'm having the same problem.

ps: nice looking forum-layout though Smile
I'm sure people will register when u get more content. Few more forums wudn't hurt either. Not too much though.

Cheers.
Thanks for the tip, also a tip for yours. The Off forum discussion should be a bigger part of the forum since it's not eveyday that the members will have a computer problem, so it will give them something to do on your forum and a reason to stick around

MikeInToshx

I Agree, thanks for the tip aswell.

What did u have in mind I could improve in the off topic discussions?
I got some "count" games in it, few polls,.. Any idea how I can make it bigger and what people like?

Cheers.
(2014-03-16, 12:33 PM)MikeInToshx Wrote: [ -> ]I Agree, thanks for the tip aswell.

What did u have in mind I could improve in the off topic discussions?
I got some "count" games in it, few polls,.. Any idea how I can make it bigger and what people like?

Cheers.

You could have many sub-forums for lots of off topic discussions such as music, sports etc. The off-topic section of my forum is actually doing a lot better than the actual forum itself, so that shows how important off-topic is
Pages: 1 2