MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tried a lot of things, and the server is working well, but no mail will be sent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi people. I'm sorry to bug you with that question, I'm sure it has been in a lot of topics already, but I found no solutions to my problem yet. MyBB is unable to send e-mails from the server with my configuration. I've tried many different things.

I know that the mail() function of the server works, including to send messages from addresses that aren't on the server. The mail system log doesn't show any errors. I've also tried to set the forum to send messages via SMTP, to no avail. From the same hosting service, I have a different site with a Wordpress installation, with no problem sending mail whatsoever, and the mail is sent almost instantly. I've tried my own scripts on the actual server I'm using, and there's no problem.

So, I have really no idea what's not working with MyBB. I installed it with Softaculous from CPanel to save some uploading time. But still... Here's my sites:

http://surlesmains.net/ (This is the one with MyBB)
http://wandererstraining.com/ (Everything works fine on this one, and on the entrance page the contact form works perfectly.)

Thank you very much for your help.

Alright, so here's an update on my situation.

I ended up making it work by using SMTP and TLS. For some reason, I can use PHP's mail() function, but the one used with MyBB doesn't work. I filled all the correct information for the SMTP server, and it would only work with TLS, not with SSL or without encryption.

There's something that surprises me. The e-mails didn't get sent, but MyBB always showed a confirmation they were sent, and no error, which I find surprising since the SMTP server would definitely send error messages if something went wrong. Or it wouldn't send a confirmation.
I have the same problem (PHP, SMTP)with the sending of the emails upon registration.
MyBB sends a confirmation that the mail has been while it never arrives at any of the email adresses i have tried.

In /mail/new/ i can see the make up and the contents of the MyBB mail .

I have been trying registrating with 3 seperate mail adresses from different providers.

While using the >> PHP mail option<< i get the following error in the log:

Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 08:10:34 -0700

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
host p3nlsmtpcp-v01.prod.phx3.gdg [72.167.191.78]:
552 5.2.0 f3AN1n00H0d3knm01 :: CPANEL:: Message rejected for spam or virus content ::
Please include this entire message when contacting support ::
v=2.1 cv=cctcrxzM c=1 sm=1 tr=0 p=KO5PHHWZAAAA:8 a=Q4S/IqpbhVgOKkjlpAjZhA==:117 a=Q4S/IqpbhVgOKkjlpAjZhA==:17 a=TZb1taSUAAAA:8 a=m-6HIiHmAEcA:10 a=hGuHobzAfA8A:10 a=jKtjsMTsSL4A:10 a=IkcTkHD0fZMA:10 a=g96oW2YwQH0A:10 a=rmnupPfhspEA:10 a=vKlf-RE2FS_dcBfPujIA:9 a=QEXdDO2ut3YA:10 a=mbEGcD9hJ1AA:10 a=VZt_S2cS5oYA:10 a=O11HrUzfUioA:10 a=P2CulknALaYA:10 a=UfmJQg1Z4jcA:10 ::

Plugins i have been using to force sending succesful emails are:

Admin Activate Email (1.0)
Welcome PM/Email (1.1)

In the log, as i said i can see the contents of the mail and can see these plugins, when activated did their work.

Only the mailer daemon, or what ever the name is not following instructions.

Im hosted by godaddy and i have called them extensively today also.

They tell me there are no issues known with them as i have been reading in a thread or two here on the board.

All mail accounts work by themselves only MyBB is not working.

I have been reading the board for days and there seems no solution available.

Can anyone please take a look at this issue since it seems mandatory for a good working board to be able to handle this without a flaw.

Hopefully there is a solution. Maybe a custom php.php file ?

Many thanks in advance.

Bob
Don't host with a domain registrar.
But is that not what they are for, can you then at least expand on this ?
This answer does not help me much. It only suggests that what i'm doing is not going to work.

GoDaddy says there are no issues known and it should work.

There must be more people people hosted with a domain registrar i can imagine ?

Anyone ??!!
I see no reason why it shouldn't work. I see no reason why a lot of the email problems with MyBB should occur, there's something weird about it. On my other site hosted with the same company, I temporarily had a phpBB forum like 2-3 years ago, and it had no problems sending e-mails. I've also never had problems sending e-mails with any other server side software than MyBB. So, there's something weird about MyBB's way of sending messages, but I'm not sure what.