MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: URL Parameters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody!

There are 22 parameters appeared in "URL Parameters" section on my webmaster tools,they are:

tid
action
pid
my_post_key
language
fid
sortby
order
datecut
year
month
day
calendar
selectall
mode
username_match
username
page
type
uid
week
aid

How should I set each parameter?
What exactly do you mean?

You can set the parameter in the URL such as: index.php?tid=parameter&page=parameter etc.
As you know there are two options for each parameter:

Quote:No: Doesn't affect page content (ex: tracks usage)
Yes: Changes, reorders, or narrows page content

Now my question is which option should be selected for each parameter (I mentioned in the first post)?
https://mediacru.sh/yJ4WSPjQXbre.png

Here u go, my setup google normally figures it out self.
Thank you very much Rakes,any ideas about other parameters?
(2014-03-21, 03:08 PM)jvdabz Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much Rakes,any ideas about other parameters?

Yea but it's so worthless as google already finds out how to crawl
Google finds out how to crawl these parameters but it takes too long! Suppose one of these parameters should not be crawled and there are hundreds of pages with this parameter in URL, so you will have hundreds of unwanted and useless pages crawled by & indexed in Google.

In addition if there is any problem in these pages, you will receive negative points from Google just because of some worthless page!
Who knows:
Is "week" parameter in calender a Narrower?
I mean How does this parameter affect page content? -Narrows -Specifies -Translates -Paginates -Other

and one more question: Is it OK to say Google not to crawl any pages with this parameter? Will it cause any problem?

Thankyou