MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BBCode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nathan Malcolm Wrote:1.8 isn't a place to start breaking the parser. We would need to support the [php] tag anyway for backwards compatibility so adding parameters to the [code] tag is pointless as we may not even be using BB code for MyBB 2.0.

I for one would hate to see BBCode go. I know there are new replacements that a couple people on here prefer. But I know bbcode like the back of my hand. My users know bbcode like the back of their hands. They don't know the other systems and most of my users are not computer savvy enough to enjoy such a change. There will be an uprising on my website. :p

I am am begging whilst on my knees (I'll take a picture later), please don't remove or replace bbCode.
At this point it's too early to say what will happen. 2.0 is only a concept at this time.
I, too, wish to openly show my support of MyCode - or at least allow admin to use it via a plugin.
I vote to keep BBcode.