MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: global.css and other files not updating from ACP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

when trying to edit files such as global.css and (custom) menu.css it does not save live and go straight to the site, however, if I download global.css from the FTP, edit it and reupload it will work.

Does anybody know how I can fix this?

Thanks.
(2014-03-19, 08:06 PM)Oliver Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

when trying to edit files such as global.css and (custom) menu.css it does not save live and go straight to the site, however, if I download global.css from the FTP, edit it and reupload it will work.

Thanks.
Maybe it's your cookies that aren't updating?
Try clearing your browser's cache - or wait, it may take a second for it update.
Thanks for helping, the cache seems to work on some browsers, although is there a way to make it automatic like my other websites? does it differ from host?
(2014-03-19, 08:06 PM)Oliver Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thanks.

are the css edits being saved when you use the acp editor ? if not check the file permissions of your css files
I check it and it's 777, also the weird thing is my templates update instantly but the themes doesn't.
Are you using Cloudflare?
Yes I am using cloudflare.
Then you need to purge the cache on cloudflare.
Oh right thanks.