MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Clicking 'Quote' To Put The Quote In The Quick Reply Box?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to make it so when someone clicks on the Quote Button to put the quote directly in the QuickReply box? Maybe using Javascript?

Does anyone know if this is possible?
It's been done before. I believe IPB has that feature.
(2014-03-20, 10:54 AM)oasis Wrote: [ -> ]It's been done before. I believe IPB has that feature.

Yes, that's where I saw this feature, and in my opinion it is necessary for most forums.
Is there a way to do it with MyBB?
(2014-03-20, 11:12 AM)Greg Winston Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-20, 10:54 AM)oasis Wrote: [ -> ]It's been done before. I believe IPB has that feature.

Yes, that's where I saw this feature, and in my opinion it is necessary for most forums.
Is there a way to do it with MyBB?
There's already something similar to that feature. Click on [Image: postbit_multiquote.gif]

Then in quick reply very bottom a text will appear
Quote:You have selected one or more posts to quote. Quote these posts now or deselect them.
click on Quote these posts now.. The quote will appear in quick reply box.
As Oasis pointed out, MyBB uses a multiquote function in addition to regular quoting. Multiquote allows you to quote multiple posts (or just one) and it'll place it into the quick reply box when the user has confirmed they wanted to quote those.
Thank you for letting me know about this feature.

Is there a way to automatically "quote these posts now"? Instead of doing another click?

Also, is there a way to move the page down to the QuickReply, after a person has clicked the multiquote button? Because a lot of people won't know what the button does, but if the page moves down to where the QuickReply box is, they can see that it quoted a user's post.
You'd probably have to create an anchor near the bottom with the quick reply, then edit the template in the database to go to this anchor when you've activated the MQ.
Ok. Does anyone know how to do this?

If no one can help, I will have to make a new thread, and pay someone to make this for me.
<a name="quickreply"></a> would create a quickreply anchor. (Link my page.php#quickreply) to get to that anchor.

Next edit the template for postbit. etc. I can help for free if you'd like. Let me know.
What you are describing - quote only one post and be taken to the quoted text immediately - is the basic "reply with quote". It takes you to the full editor instead of the quick reply. If your users are confused by the multiquote then turn multiquote off in the ACP and change the reply button to read "quote".
Pages: 1 2 3