MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: multiple installations of newpoints
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to have multiple installations of newpoints on my forum, but I'm not certain how to do this. I'm also using the shop plugin though and I only want one of these currencies to apply to that, not the others I'd like to add. If anyone would be able to walk me through how to do this I would appreciate it! <3
bumping this up. so far I haven't been able to figure this out.
Moved to Plugin Support.
Still looking for help on this if anyone is able to. Thanks!
This is not as simple as it may sound (I actually thought it was). If you have multiple installations, would you want to have multiple newpoints.php files (each with its own plugins) or just one for all of your sub-plugins?
I think each with its own plugins, though the others I don't plan to have it use them.

Like I want a normal install of newpoints to work with the newpoints shop and then I want to install 3 others to work as a stat area so that when posting in certain boards a character would earn points for it, but those points would not be able to be used in the shop at all. But I still want to be able to edit them in the admin cp.
You can try renaming all files/directories from 'newpoints' to something else ('newpoints2' for example). Like:
plugin_newpoins.php => plugin_newpoints2.php
admin/modules/newpoints/plugins.php => admin/modules/newpoints2/plugins.php

Do the same for all instances of 'newpoints' in the files:
function newpoints_formatpoints(...) => function newpoints2_formatpoints(...)

Then upload all the files to your forum like a normal plugin installation. Install and there you go. You will need to take care of core/plugin updates.

IMO thi brings too many incoveniences. If you only want to keep stats of user posts in different forums it could be easier to just write down a new plugin for it.
Yeah I had started a post in plugin requests that I'd pay for someone to make a plugin for this but haven't had any interest so far.

Tried your suggestion annnd I seem to be getting an error. Not sure if it means I missed something or if theres something more about the php that I am not understanding. This is on the plugins page in the admin cp

http://i.imgur.com/QTIdKPv.png
Quick bump. Still can't figure out this issue.