MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Issue under the settings menu on Admin CP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have just installed MyBB on a brand new VM.
I added a template and changed the language to English UK.
created three forum pages and set user permissions.

I tested and it all appeared to be working happily.

I then repeated the above on my live server

all appears to be working happily, however i have found, that under the 'Settings' option on the Admin CP the settings groups are listed three times for each option. i have attached a screenshot which i hope explains things a little better.

any help with this is greatly appreciated.
(2014-03-21, 04:57 PM)barry.rawson Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I have just installed MyBB on a brand new VM.
I added a template and changed the language to English UK.
created three forum pages and set user permissions.

I tested and it all appeared to be working happily.

I then repeated the above on my live server

all appears to be working happily, however i have found, that under the 'Settings' option on the Admin CP the settings groups are listed three times for each option. i have attached a screenshot which i hope explains things a little better.

any help with this is greatly appreciated.

You have extra entries in the database table settinggroups you may also have the settings under these groups duplicated in the database table settings use a db admin tool (phpmyadmin, Hedi etc) to investigate... removing the extra entries may take some time as you will have to check the gid column in both tables to make sure you are removing the correct entries....
Hi,
thanks for the reply.

How would these extra entries get there from a fresh install copying the exact same method i ran on my test machine which works perfectly ?????
Did you install the software multiple times somehow? Did you mix up your production and testing servers? Usually I see this in poorly-coded plugins, never with baseline setting groups.
Hi Spork,

No this is why it is very confusing. i did the original install on the test machine documenting every step. i then replicated this on the live server identically and got the issue ???????
If your forum is still empty and you haven't done anything with it, just drop the database and reinstall. If you try fixing it manually, you're going to have to go through the setting tables by hand and delete all the duplicates.