MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change the OP of a thread?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I go to a thread that I want to change the OP, when I click on "change user" I'm redirected to the index page and I'm logged out.
(2014-03-21, 10:55 PM)Ann Wrote: [ -> ]When I go to a thread that I want to change the OP, when I click on "change user" I'm redirected to the index page and I'm logged out.

what do you expect ?? if wish to change your user name you must log out in order to log in as another user. if you wish to change the text of the user name ( but keep the user id) you will need to code a plugin
(2014-03-21, 11:00 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-21, 10:55 PM)Ann Wrote: [ -> ]When I go to a thread that I want to change the OP, when I click on "change user" I'm redirected to the index page and I'm logged out.

what do you expect ?? if wish to change your user name you must log out in order to log in as another user. if you wish to change the text of the user name ( but keep the user id) you will need to code a plugin

I don't undertand. I want to change the original poster of a thread to another user. How can I do that?

When I go to the first post of the thread and click on "full edit". Next to the username of the OP you have "change user", right. How does this work?
Quote:Next to the username of the OP you have "change user", right. How does this work?

In the scenario you have multiple accounts on a forum, it gives you the option to logout and login to another account. You can't change the thread author without a plugin.
(2014-03-21, 11:10 PM)Ann Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-21, 11:00 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't undertand. I want to change the original poster of a thread to another user. How can I do that?

When I go to the first post of the thread and click on "full edit". Next to the username of the OP you have "change user", right. How does this work?

the change user function will only alter the edited by string
(2014-03-21, 11:23 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Next to the username of the OP you have "change user", right. How does this work?

In the scenario you have multiple accounts on a forum, it gives you the option to logout and login to another account. You can't change the thread author without a plugin.

Oh, I get it now. Is there a pugin for this? If so, can you recommend one for me?

What you are clicking, is for you to sign out and sign in as a different account.
That is not an option to change the original poster.
I hope we have assisted you.

Kind Regards,
Zeva