MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: JCink to MyBB Merge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My apologies if this isn't the right forum for this. I've scoured the internet looking for an easy way to merge from Jcink to myBB but while I'm an amateur at coding I'm definitely a beginner when it comes to databases and everything that goes along with it. I need something that is pretty much step by step this is what you do and this is how you do it or something that is pretty easy and simple to use.

Hence my request for someone to make a JCink to MyBB merge system. I know a lot of people haven't requested one on here but I feel a lot of people could benefit from it, I know a lot of people wanting to switch from Jcink to self hosted and I think offering an easy merge system would help sway them to myBB! Smile

Anyways, sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for anyone willing to take this up!
Hi, I saw your post here by chance and logged in to rpg-directory for the first time in..a year to see that I have message from you.

Sadly I migrated in year 2011, so there are many things I do not remember anymore.
I know you already read my post about this migration, but here is a link anyway for future reference:
http://rpg-directory.com/threads/moving-...127/page-2

Have you tried following it? Set up wamp server and start experimenting (wamp is very next-next-next-finish type thing). Smile When I migrated I was right in your shoes - I also had very little expierence with databases and stuff.. so don't let it scare you away.

If you have questions, ask away.
I'm also posting this so you knew my username here and could track my earlier topics - as I migrated from jcink as well, then they might be in use for you as well. Wink