MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how do I install plug ins ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone. I am VERY new to MyBB. I am looking for a reliable forum which gives me the flexibility to add new features. I have administered other forums before, however, I am at a loss when it comes to installing the plug ins.
I am hosting my forum on 2mhost. I have installed MyBB on my server, and although it's up and running... I have no clue as to how I should install the plug ins.

Right now I am trying to figure out how to get thank you/like system on my forum. I have downloaded the zip file and I have set up my ftp.. however I don't know where I am supposed to upload those files ? I have done some googling, but it all seems so complicated.

I am hoping that someone could give me a link to the step by step instructions for dummies on how to install my plug in ? I love the possibilities of MyBB and the plug in options. Now I just need to learn it.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Usually the ZIP will contain a folder structure similar to this:

inc/
admin/

And you upload those folders to your forum root (where you installed MyBB).

There's also the chance it's just a single PHP file in the ZIP, in which case you upload it to inc/plugins/. You can then install it in the ACP:

ACP > Configuration > Plugins
(2014-03-23, 06:26 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Usually the ZIP will contain a folder structure similar to this:

inc/
admin/

And you upload those folders to your forum root (where you installed MyBB).

There's also the chance it's just a single PHP file in the ZIP, in which case you upload it to inc/plugins/. You can then install it in the ACP:

ACP > Configuration > Plugins

problem when uploading files in the zip file contents so much which one should I put on the inc / plugins its
my forum http://forumgosip.com/
There will be an inc admin and (sometimes) a jscripts folder.

Just highlight them all and drag them into the root directory for mybb. Click yes to overwrite the folder.