MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Newpoints plugin error - negative points for no reason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, all. Smile I have encountered a strange issue of the website I belong to, pertaining to the Newpoints plugin. Certain members have negative amounts of their currency- and no one knows why this has happened. I know that if they get their posts deleted, this can lead to having negative points. However, none of their posts have ever been deleted. Most people do not have negative points, either- it is only a very small number of members with this issue.

This could, of course, be fixed by simply editing the amount of points that they have in the ACP. However, that is not a real 'fix' to the issue. We don't know why it happened in the first place, and we would rather try to understand what caused this before moving any further.

Does anyone have any ideas why this would happen? Is it a security hole of some sort?
This has happened to me as well on IcyBoards. I have not been able to figure out the cause yet. There is nothing in the logs to indicate a transaction was actually made. No posts were deleted that would have subtracted points either.
It's Wiley- I was making a topic here to see if I could get any info that might help you figure out the issue. x)
Oh Toungue