MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Request permission to change footer copyright section!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am getting too much spamboots so I am requesting permission to change copyrights footer section from:

Quote:Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2014

to

Quote:Copyright © MyBB
This is allowed, since you still have the MyBB ©
No offense but I wan someone from MYBB staff to publicly say that!
It's open source software. You can remove the copyright all together if you want. We ask that you don't simply to show your support. You are not violating any laws by removing it all together.
(2014-03-26, 06:19 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]It's open source software. You can remove the copyright all together if you want. We ask that you don't simply to show your support. You are not violating any laws by removing it all together.

Really?
(2014-03-26, 06:33 PM)Billie Joe Armstrong Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-26, 06:19 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]It's open source software. You can remove the copyright all together if you want. We ask that you don't simply to show your support. You are not violating any laws by removing it all together.

Really?

Yes.
http://docs.mybb.com/Help-Contents

Can I remove the MyBB copyright on my forum?
Quote: Yes and no. According to our license, you are free to remove the copyright from your templates (but not from the source code). However, to receive support at the Community Forums, you must consistently have the MyBB copyright in tact. Forums that do not have the copyright or add the copyright to ask for support (and then remove it again after their support question is solved) will not receive support.
"Copyright © MyBB" is fine, as long as there's a link to mybb.com.
(2014-03-26, 07:15 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]"Copyright © MyBB" is fine, as long as there's a link to mybb.com.

Thanks very much appreciate your answer!
You may want to make it clear that the forum software is copyright by MyBB, and not the forum itself (posts, theme, etc).
If it's preventing spambots you want use an image of the full copyright text and link to MyBB, it should be sufficient unless the bot searches for the link to MyBB.
Pages: 1 2