MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spam Honeypot Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At the moment I am allowing spambots to flood my site with there garbage and wondering if there are any repercussions I will face for allowing this to occur. The site in question is not production value and I have no desire to use the domain in future for upcoming projects. My ultimate goal is to learn php through designing programs to counter the onslaught of spam. I know there are plugins that deal with spam, but it provides a great user base and allows me to break things without worrying about breaking a production site.

tl;dr Will i get in trouble for allowing people to spam dev site.
Who are you going to be in trouble with? You own the domain and host account.
I would check with the host and see if they're ok as there is one service that sends the host emails if they notice a spam site can't remember it's name but yea.
(2014-03-28, 01:50 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Who are you going to be in trouble with? You own the domain and host account.
Not sure, just throwing the question out there to see if there are pitfalls I did not forsee.

(2014-03-28, 09:33 AM)Rakes Wrote: [ -> ]I would check with the host and see if they're ok as there is one service that sends the host emails if they notice a spam site can't remember it's name but yea.
Host doesn't care as long as i respond to dmca or abuse tickets.
I think as long as you're not posting anything illegal or using too many server resources, you should be fine.