MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: remove ability to e-mail & PM banned users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
how can this be done?

if a user is banned, they should lose all privileges of being on the site.
a banned member shouldn't be able to access the site at all i believe
(2014-03-28, 02:17 AM)Billie Joe Armstrong Wrote: [ -> ]a banned member shouldn't be able to access the site at all i believe

yes, but people can still pm/e-mail them.
(2014-03-28, 02:24 AM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-28, 02:17 AM)Billie Joe Armstrong Wrote: [ -> ]a banned member shouldn't be able to access the site at all i believe

go to Admin CP> users & Groups> Groups>Your Banned Group> go on the page users and permissions> uncheck "Can use private messaging?" see if that works Smile
(2014-03-28, 02:26 AM)Billie Joe Armstrong Wrote: [ -> ]

go to Admin CP> users & Groups> Groups>Your Banned Group> go on the page users and permissions> uncheck "Can use private messaging?" see if that works Smile

ok, that fixes the PMs, but not the e-mails.

I believe a group setting should be added in core to handle this.
(2014-03-28, 02:47 AM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]

an email account is not related to the forum, so I wont be in the forums system unlike messages.
(2014-03-28, 03:03 AM)Billie Joe Armstrong Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-28, 02:47 AM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]

an email account is not related to the forum, so I wont be in the forums system unlike messages.

a user is still able to e-mail someone through the mybb system if the user allows for it in their user cp.

the point I'm trying to make is that these options should be restricted - if an admin wishes - on a usergroup basis, like the PMs.
These options when properly set doesn't solve these problems ?
usergroup : BANNED

[Image: eY6gTgA.jpg]

[Image: 047xVHH.jpg]

Huh
That prevents the banned person from sending email - not receiving. They can still receive email with that setting.
as leefish said.

I want to strip away the ability for someone to e-mail a banned user on the forum.

the PM setting shown above did work though.
Pages: 1 2