MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Prioritizing threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to know if there is a way to prioritize threads that come in. Either by the submitter or perhaps automatically? A moderator? I've searched the community forum but haven't been able to find anything on this. Thank you.
Threads by regular user ?
or by Moderators/Admins. ?
I guess whichever way would be easier. I would like to know if they could get prioritized before they get to my tech support guys.

(2014-03-28, 06:38 PM)Vanz Wrote: [ -> ]Threads by regular user ?
or by Moderators/Admins. ?
There are two types of threads: pinned and unpinned. Threads within each category are sorted by the date of the last post.

It sounds like you want to use your forum as a means of providing support and managing tickets. There is no built-in way to sort threads an other way. You could configure thread prefixes for each priority, but whoever creates the thread chooses the prefix.
(2014-03-28, 06:49 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]There are two types of threads: pinned and unpinned. Threads within each category are sorted by the date of the last post.

It sounds like you want to use your forum as a means of providing support and managing tickets. There is no built-in way to sort threads an other way. You could configure thread prefixes for each priority, but whoever creates the thread chooses the prefix.

That's exactly what we're using it for. And I was thinking that "prefixing" may work, at least better than what I have. I guess that's probably my only workable solution at this point. Thank you for you quick responses and your help.