MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [split] 1.2.2 Temp Patch breaks my board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tried making the temp changes while I get my act together to upgrade from 1.2.1, and the changes kills my board completely. No forums, no admin, nothing comes up after changes are made to the files. I can't access the PHP error log as my hoster doesn't let me access this file. What can I do now? I am running on PHP Version 4.3.9 & MySQL 4.1.20. I run my board in French.

Not sure I want to run the upgrade, I have a ton of users and messages and don't want to lose anything...
Marc, this isn't the place to receive support, next time, please create a thread in the General Support Forum.

Since you just applied the patch, can't you just remove the changes? I can't say I've had this problem.
MarcCouture Wrote:Not sure I want to run the upgrade, I have a ton of users and messages and don't want to lose anything...
If you have a database and file backup just in case something happens, you will be fine. I've upgraded several boards successfully. Smile
MarcCouture Wrote:Tried making the temp changes while I get my act together to upgrade from 1.2.1, and the changes kills my board completely. No forums, no admin, nothing comes up after changes are made to the files. I can't access the PHP error log as my hoster doesn't let me access this file. What can I do now? I am running on PHP Version 4.3.9 & MySQL 4.1.20. I run my board in French.

Not sure I want to run the upgrade, I have a ton of users and messages and don't want to lose anything...

Did you modify the files manually, or did you use the changed files zip? If your board isn't modified that heavily, I'd suggest you simply replace the existing files with the ones in the changed files zip. What exactly did you do?

Can you explain what you got after you tried the upgrade? Is it a blank screen?
Oops, sorry for posting in the wrong area.

Yes, I made changes manually, and get a blank screen after making those edits. No biggie going back to a previous version, I just rolled back my changes (I'm kinda paranoid when it comes to making backups!).

I'll do some more testing and see if I can successfully go through an upgrade on a local testbed.

Thanks for the quick replys!