MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error after renaming the admin folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I renamed the admin folder after the installation process and updated the new folder name in the config.php ($config['admin_dir'] = 'admin-name'; )

However, I'm receiving this error message now whenever I visit the admin page.

[attachment=31268]

Should I also update the /admin/index.php in the admin folder? I see a similar line in the that file.

Thanks for the help.
Looks like the folder path is surrounded with some weird unicode characters, try re-entering the path in your config.php file.
Looks like there are some unicode chars around your directory. Make sure it looks like this:

Original
$config[\'admin_dir\'] = \'admin\'; 

New
$config[\'admin_dir\'] = \'somenamehere\'; 

Then make sure you rename the folder to whatever you changed it to in config.php
(2014-03-29, 05:59 AM)thexshadow Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like there are some unicode chars around your directory. Make sure it looks like this:

Original

New
$config[\'admin_dir\'] = \'somenamehere\'; 

Then make sure you rename the folder to whatever you changed it to in config.php

I see, do I have to update the /admin/index.php file? There's a similar line in there:

(2014-03-29, 05:58 AM)Cameron:D Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like the folder path is surrounded with some weird unicode characters, try re-entering the path in your config.php file.

Thanks. I'm using Mac's text editor. Is that why?
You do not have the change the admin/index.php file at all.

Edit: You might want to get a more advanced text editor then the built in one.
Look at TextWrangler: http://www.barebones.com/products/textwr...nload.html
(2014-03-29, 06:10 AM)thexshadow Wrote: [ -> ]You do not have the change the admin/index.php file at all.

Edit: You might want to get a more advanced text editor then the built in one.
Look at TextWrangler: http://www.barebones.com/products/textwr...nload.html

Thank you. I fixed it with the TextWrangler!