MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Creating a test copy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to create a test copy of mybb on my server for theme customization. Here's what I did.

Copied all files from /forum to /forum-test
Edited config.php to point to the new database.
Edited htaccess to change anything referring to the forum directory to forum-test.
Exported the database and imported it into a new database.
Edited two entries in the settings table (bburl and cookiepath) to change the text from the forum directory to forum-test.

The forum displays fine, but after I log in it's still saying "Hi There, Guest!".

I emptied my browser cookies.

I looked at the page source, and many of the links are still using /forum instead of /forum-test, including, it appears, the login link. All the forum categories and threads are using forum-test. How do I get those other links to change?

So I figured out there was a settings.php I also had to edit.

Now I'm trying to edit template files, and it says my changes are saved, but the changes are not saved. What's up?
(2014-03-29, 09:58 PM)squeebo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to create a test copy of mybb on my server for theme customization. Here's what I did.

Copied all files from /forum to /forum-test
Edited config.php to point to the new database.
Edited htaccess to change anything referring to the forum directory to forum-test.
Exported the database and imported it into a new database.
Edited two entries in the settings table (bburl and cookiepath) to change the text from the forum directory to forum-test.

The forum displays fine, but after I log in it's still saying "Hi There, Guest!".

I emptied my browser cookies.

I looked at the page source, and many of the links are still using /forum instead of /forum-test, including, it appears, the login link. All the forum categories and threads are using forum-test. How do I get those other links to change?

So I figured out there was a settings.php I also had to edit.

Now I'm trying to edit template files, and it says my changes are saved, but the changes are not saved. What's up?

hi
in normall setup you should set Cookie Domain
go to settings/General Configuration/Cookie Domain
and input yor subforum address for example : sub.forum.com
then in the next filed Cookie Path = /sub.forum.com/

but if the changes not save you need set them of database

go to the db/mybb_settings/ and look for these tables : Cookie Path & Cookie Domain
[attachment=31274]