MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Host 4 Post's recent downtime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I write to you today as the owner of Host 4 Post, a site that used to run MyBB. We still get quite a number of visitors and members from here, so I thought I'd post this here to keep everyone up to date as with what is going on.

Host 4 Post, on the 25th March 2014, suffered a server collapse. This was caused by a number of factors, including a server technician at the Datacenter we lease from failing to send notice that the master server was having work done on it, so when a staff member tried to reboot the server, it caused the array to collapse and all data to be lost.

Not being online at the time (I was actually on a ride-along with a bus driver friend of mine) - this staff member attempted to get me on Skype - As I wasn't online, I was not able to take the call. As soon as I got the notification I was informed of what had happened.

I was ropeable.

Fortunately, we already had a new server being built, so we could get blank hosting services reinstated as we had no backups (being a free service, I am sure you can understand that it is not viable for us to offer a backup service for members; and even if we did offer backups, all members should be taking their own backups). As it goes at the moment, through damage mitigation and working with our hosting provider, we are working on re-creating user accounts.

We plan to better our communications in the future.

We would like to publicly apologise to all members here that have services with Host 4 Post - We didn't anticipate this, and it wasn't completely our fault.

If any members here have active hosting services with Host 4 Post, please create a support ticket so we can re-create your account as soon as possible.

Regards,
Ben Cousins
Owner of Host 4 Post