MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mods can make themselves admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I edit so my Mods with AdminCP can still edit users theur usergroups but cant make any user (like themselves,lol) Administrator?

Thanks in advance!
Davy M
There is no current option for that. If you don't trust a user with ADMIN privleges, you shouldn't give them ACP access. Giving a mod that kind of access opens up all kinds of problems. Moderators would still be able to reset passwords and ultimately get access anyway.
(2014-03-30, 01:05 PM)Rymax99 Wrote: [ -> ]There is no current option for that. If you don't trust a user with ADMIN privleges, you shouldn't give them ACP access. Giving a mod that kind of access opens up all kinds of problems. Moderators would still be able to reset passwords and ultimately get access anyway.

Yea but I have a usergroup that needs moderation and I can't handle it all by myself.
So set your moderators as group leaders of the usergroup, then they can manage join requests from the mod CP.