MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How To Always Enable Signature When Posting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it possible to tick every user's Checkbox that says "Signature: include your signature. (registered users only)" automatically?

Basically I need the checkbox always to be checked, so that every persons Signature is visible when posting.

Is this possible to always enable signatures when posting?
Does anyone know how to do this?
That seems to be default behaviour? It is here on MyBB.
No, it's not default behavior. Is there a way for the checkbox to always be enabled for all users?
There is a checkbox when posting to disable your signature in posts. If you want all your posts to have signatures from now on, you are going to have to remove that from the template.

And the people who have there signatures disabled, take a look at the "mybb_users" table (database).

You could also run this.
UPDATE mybb_users SET showsigs = '1' WHERE showsigs = '0';
(2014-04-01, 10:14 PM)thexshadow Wrote: [ -> ]There is a checkbox when posting to disable your signature in posts. If you want all your posts to have signatures from now on, you are going to have to remove that from the template.

And the people who have there signatures disabled, take a look at the "mybb_users" table (database).

You could also run this.
UPDATE mybb_users SET showsigs = '1' WHERE showsigs = '0';

Doesn't the query above just show everyone's signature if it wasn't visible? I need for the signature checkbox to be always ticked, for all users.

Which core files would I have to edit?
Greg, the checkbox is always checked. If it isnt I would love to know how you do it because on my board it is always checked and I want to turn it OFF.
(2014-04-02, 10:26 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Greg, the checkbox is always checked. If it isnt I would love to know how you do it because on my board it is always checked and I want to turn it OFF.

To turn it OFF:

Remove {$postoptionschecked['signature']} from all option_signature templates like "newthread_options_signature".

That will remove the tick in the box when creating a New Thread. Remove the same code from other signature templates too, like the New Reply templates, PM templates, QuickReply templates, etc.
Just removing the field wont work - needs to be set to hidden.

I did try this a long time ago and though I could HIDE it - I could not untick it. I want to keep the option, but OFF by default instead of ON. It is always ON here on MyBB.
(2014-04-03, 06:23 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Just removing the field wont work - needs to be set to hidden.

I did try this a long time ago and though I could HIDE it - I could not untick it. I want to keep the option, but OFF by default instead of ON. It is always ON here on MyBB.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'hide' it. I tried it on my own forum just now, and it unticked the square box.
Pages: 1 2