MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Text editor custom fonts and colors. Need Help Please.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to add custom fonts (like Simplified Arabic font) and additional text colors (or colors of my choice) to the post/reply editor? The default fonts, are perfect for Western character encoding, but when used for Arabic, the outcome is "Westernized Arabic" that can hardly be read. I'll be grateful indeed if someone could tell me how to install additional fonts to the text editor.
I hope this thread fits in this forum category.

Best regards,
maatty
At least I find the way how to do that,
edit this file "editor.js" you can see this file in the jscripts folder.
find,
		this.fonts = new Array();
under it the list of your corrent fonts. and you can add more just to add another line in the list, as example for Andalus font you have to add.
		this.fonts["Andalus"] = "Andalus";
thene save the file and go to add a post or thread, and check your font types.

Note : dont try to use arabic name for the font type in the editor.js file it will not save it, and I test this way in the localhost and on my forum.

thats all mate, and I want little favior from you. just give me a list with the important Arabic fonts we have to add it.

All the best
My dearest Ahmed...Thanks a lot for this valuable information. I have added the Arabic fonts as you instructed me and it now works very fine. I tried the following fonts:

AGA Arabesque
Akbar MT
Andalus
Arabic Transparent
DecoType Naskh
DecoType Naskh Extensions
DecoType Thuluth
Diwani Bent
Diwani Letter
Diwani Outline
Diwani Outline Shaded
Diwani Simple Outline
Farsi Simple Bold
Kufi Extended Outline
Kufi Outline Shaded
Monotype Koufi
Traditional Arabic
Simplified Arabic
Simplified Arabic Fixed

And these are the fonts that are always installed in any Arabic Windows. But I think adding other font names that are not installed in the system will not work.

I'll try to the same with color selection and let you know how things work.

Thank you very much again.

maatty
I'm so glad to give you some help bro,

all my respect to you Matty (rose)